- 01925 606 500
iPhone Apps for Marketers and Executives
This 1-day course is aimed at marketing and business professionals who want an appreciation of the iPhone market and to understand how iPhone and iPad apps can be used successfully as part of their marketing strategy.
The day begins with an overview of the evolving iPhone and iPad market. We then focus on how apps can be used for building brand awareness, as a revenue stream or as an additional platform for your products/services. We then discuss how to measure the success of your app and bring the morning session to a close with a recent case study.
The afternoon session begins with a demonstration on how users search and download an app to their phone. We then move on to best practice for developing a successful app. Our next discussion is on the role of new versus traditional channels for marketing your app. We conclude the day with a case study of a successful app currently in the top 100 in the app store.
WHO IS SUITABLE FOR THIS COURSE?
Marketing or business professionals who want to learn how the evolving app market can be used as part of your marketing strategy.
The course is run in a board-room with a maximum of 8 delegates per course. The trainer delivers information via a series of presentations, which are followed with open-discussions and questions.
Session 1 - Morning
- An opportunity for both the trainer and the delegates to introduce themselves and the trainer to provide an overview of what will be covered throughout the day.
- The Evolving Market
- Rise of the smartphone - background, market share, statistics
- Types of devices - iPhone, iPod and iPad
- Target audience
- Marketing Strategy
- Objective of an app - brand awareness, as a revenue stream or additional platform for your products/services
- Case studies of successful apps
- Measuring Success
- Brand awareness
- Analytics tools - number of downloads, usage and location statistics
Session 2 - Afternoon
- Downloading an App - The User Experience
- How do users download apps?
- Demonstration of featured apps, categories and searching
- Creating a Successful App
- Best practice - pricing, app complexity, timescales, review process
- How to get an app developed? In-house or out-sourced
- App Marketing
- Role of social marketing - Facebook, Twitter, virality
- Online channels - blogs, app review sites
- Traditional channels - PR, email, TV, press
- App store marketing - categories, top rated apps, featured apps, keyword SEO, branding
- Case study
- Initial concept, design, implementation and submission to the app store
- Monitoring success - iTunes Connect, analytics tools
Upcoming Course Dates
|8:45 - 9:15||Registration & refreshments|
|9:15 - 10:45||Morning Session|
|10:45 - 11:00||Coffee Break|
|11:00 - 12:30||Morning Session cont.|
|12:30 - 1:30||Lunch (provided)|
|1:30 - 3:00||Afternoon Session|
|3:00 - 3:15||Coffee Break|
|3:15 - 4:45||Afternoon Session cont.|
|4:45 - 5:00||Final Summary and Close|
Our courses start with registration and refreshments at 8.45am.
Each day consists of two 3-hour sessions with a short coffee break mid-morning and mid-afternoon. Three is a 1-hour break for lunch (buffet provided) and opportunity for networking. Following a Q&A session, each day closes at 5pm.